Too often public officials are seen as little more than politicians who
will do or say anything just to stay in office. This shouldn’t be what public service
is all about.
Those who seek public office must first and foremost recognize they are indeed
public servants, seeking to do the will of the people, doing their homework and
getting the job done in an effective and responsible manner, with integrity and
excellence. In short, those who seek public office must walk the walk, not just talk
the talk, working hard to for the folks back home bringing their views to the table
and establishing lines of communication providing timely answers to problems
which are before them.
We must seek effective ways to work with others of diverse perspectives, spend
ing more time listening, rather than talking. We must accomplish rather than
promise and to do rather than attempt to give the perspective that something is
The days of the select few, the backroom politics and good old boy network are
gone, or they should be. We must walk each day with the clear recognition that
everyone has a voice, everyone has a valid concern and public officials should be
the ones bringing these perspectives to bear.
I want to do this for you, representing your viewpoints and being responsible
regarding your concerns.
• Local Business Owner
(Cooke Realty, Ocean Isle Beach & Cooke Vacations, Holden Beach)
• Former University Professor
• Married 23 Years to Catherine Cooke
• Four Children, age 8-16 in Local Public Schools
• Active Member, Beach Assembly of God
• BA The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina
• MA Communication, Regent University Virginia Beach, VA
• Doctorate Studies, Virginia Beach, VA
• Fellow, North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership