||William (Bill) Sue currently is the representative for District 5. He was born in Leland, North Carolina, graduating from Leland High School in 1952. Four years later, he received a Bachelor Of Science degree from North Carolina State University. After college, Mr. Sue served as a Guided Missiles Officer in the U.S. Army for 2 years, and thereafter as a Captain in the U.S. Army Reserves for 10 years. His professional career included 12 years in Sales and Management with Swift Agri Chem, and 23 years (retired) in Management with Dupont; in addition, he is a licensed Residential Building Contractor. Mr. Sue is active in his church, First Baptist of Leland, as a Sunday-school Teacher and Deacon. He is active in his community having served as a member of Local Advisory Board (BB&T) and was a member of the Brunswick County Board Of Education, a position that he held for 2 four-year terms. Mr. Sue is married to the former Bidgie Buchanan. His family includes a son, Billy and a daughter, Tammy Sue McCartney, both of Leland, NC ; 4 grandchildren; and 3 great grandchildren.
- Served a two-year term from 12-1994 to 12-1996 as a Brunswick County Commissioner.
- Served a four-year term from 12-1996 to 12-2000, as a Commissioner, Vice-Chairman, and Chairman to the Board Of Commissioners for Brunswick County.
- Served a four-year term from 12-2000 to 12-2004, as a Brunswick County Commissioner.
- Serving a four-year term from 12-2004 to present as a Brunswick County Commissioner.
- Serves as the Board's representative on the following Boards and Committees, appointed by the Brunswick County Board Of Commissioners:
- Council Of Government
- Utility Operations
- Greater Wilmington Area Transportation Advisory Board
- Brunswick Transportation System