Who Program Serves
The Women's Preventative Health program is available to those persons who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Male or Female
- All men and women of child-bearing age
- Must be planning or preventing pregnancy
- No residency requirements
- All services provided on a sliding fee scale based on household income and size
- Contraceptive Services
- Contraceptive information and counseling
- Counseling on all birth control methods, including natural family planning, oral contraceptives (e.g., birth control pills), IUDs, Depo Provera, Inplanon, barrier methods (e.g., condom, diaphragm, spermicide).
- Vasectomy and sterilization
- Basic infertility counseling and referral
- Health Screening And Examination
- Medical exam and history
- Pap smears
- Breast exams
- Colposcopy - Services available in Women's Health Program
- Endometrial biopsy
- Pregnancy tests
- Nutritional risk assessment
- Hypertension screening
- Anemia screening
- Sickle cell testing
- Tests And Treatment For Infections
- Genital warts
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) testing and counseling
- Community Health Education
- Adolescent development
- Male involvement
- Human sexuality
- Assessment Of Special Health Concerns
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- DES Exposure in women and men
- Common gynecological problems
- Preconceptional Health Promotion
- Identification of personal behaviors, health conditions, and workplace hazards which can affect a future pregnancy.
- Counseling and referrals to reduce impact of risk factors on future pregnancies.
- Referrals For Outside Services
- Diabetes control
- Mental health
- Genetic counseling
- Smoking cessation
Any abnormal findings are referred to a medical provider.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday.
Contact: 910-253-2250 or 888-428-4429 (toll-free)
The Women's Preventative Health Clinic is located at: 25 Courthouse Drive / Bolivia / Building A
Fees based on a patient's ability to pay (sliding scale).
Also accepted is Medicaid, BC/BS, Cigna, United Healthcare, MedCost, Health Choice.