Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 6, 2016, in the office of the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center in Supply, NC, for the construction of Residuals Lagoon, Highway 211 Water Treatment Plant, and shortly thereafter the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Construction of a residuals lagoon approximately 100 feet by 200 feet by 8 feet deep, and of cast-in-place concrete
- Construction of a 120 gpm decant water pumping station and related pressure pipe
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders and vendors at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 15, 2016, at the Highway 211 Water Treatment Plant, 4305 Southport-Supply Road SE, Southport, NC. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 toward Supply. Turn left onto Hwy. 211 heading toward Southport. The water treatment plant is located approximately 12 miles east of US 17 – turn right on the plant’s access road across from Executive Park Boulevard SE (beside Brunswick Electric Membership facility).
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site may be allowed only by approval of Brunswick County. Telephone Jeremy Sexton, Water Resources Superintendent, 910-253-2488, in order to schedule a visit.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for $150.00 at the following location (cash or check/money order payable to Dewberry Engineers Inc.):
2610 Wycliff Road, Suite 410
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
- NC Interactive Purchasing online www.ips.state.nc.us
- Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
- CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com/plans
- Reed Construction Data online www.reedconstructiondata.com
- Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
- Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
- Dewberry Engineers Inc., Raleigh, NC
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders are included in the Contract Documents.