Who Can Register to Vote
Voting begins with registering to vote. The registration deadline is 25 days before Election Day. Do not delay; register today!
To register to vote in Brunswick County you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States;
- Be a legal resident domiciled in Brunswick County and North Carolina for 30 days by the date of the next general election day;
- Be 18 years of age or older by next general election day;
- Have had citizenship rights restored, if ever convicted of a felony;
- Not be registered nor will vote in any other county or state.
*Individuals who will turn 18 years of age before the general election day but after the primary election voter registration deadline may register and vote in the primary; but they may not register earlier than 60 days before the primary election.” NCGS 163-59