Managing Storm Debris
You know what to do when a dangerous storm hits, but what about afterwards? Cooperation and proper clean-up procedures can go a long way toward regaining our way of life.
Please be sure to separate your debris into the following categories:
- Yard Debris – including trees and brush
- Building Debris – including construction materials, carpet and furniture
- Bulky Metal Items – including appliances and bikes
- Household Garbage – including food and paper waste
- Household Hazardous Materials – paint, solvents, cleaners, fertilizers and insecticides should be separated with extreme care
And, as you clear debris from your yard and home, please be careful not to block:
- Fire hydrants
- Utility boxes
Do your part to help speed up the recovery process!