Brunswick County Engineering Office
The Engineering Office:
- Performs Project Management for county Capital Improvement Program (CIP) projects.
- Provides project management services and performs field construction inspections for County construction projects.
- Plans and specifications are on file in the Engineering Office and are available for viewing by the public. Plans and specifications may not be removed from the department.
- Staff also monitor and ensure successful completion of the Substantial Completion process and the Final Acceptance process (for developer-installed infrastructure).
- Performs plan review and approval for CIP projects and for developer-installed infrastructure.
- Water, sewer and stormwater plans and specifications must be submitted by a North Carolina licensed Professional Engineer for engineering review and approval.
- View stormwater submittal requirements, or contact the County Stormwater Engineer.
- For water, sewer and pump station plan review, the engineer shall submit one set of plans, specifications, calculations, engineer’s report, permit applications, etc.
- Once plans and specifications are approved, the permit applications will be executed. A letter of approval, along with the signed permit applications, will be returned to the engineer.
- Administers the county Stormwater Program and Stormwater Ordinance.
- Calculates all non-residential water and sewer capital recovery fees.
- Performs field construction observation for county projects and developer projects.
- Maintains and updates the Engineering Design Manual, Technical Specifications, and Standard Details for Water and Sewer Systems.
The Engineering Director also serves as the adviser to the county Utility Board.