Environmental Health Fees
* Fees marked with an asterisk are collected directly by Brunswick County Health Services.
Customers that are submitting an application for a septic permit on a property that is not served by public water must also submit a well permit application. The well permit application fee may be refunded if the septic permit is denied and the property owner or authorized agent submits a refund request within a year of receiving the denial letter.
Improvement Permit Application
|Less than or equal to 480 gallons per day||$640.00 |
|481 - 1,500 gallons per day||$740.00 |
|1,501 - 2,999 gallons per day||$940.00 |
|3,000+ gallons per day||$1,040.00 (Plus $100 per each add'l 500 gallons.) |
|* Revisit fee for site not ready||$25.00 |
Construction Authorization Permit (5 year)
|Type I, II, III systems less than 481 gallons per day||$175.00 |
|Type II, III systems 481 - 1,500 gallons per day||$300.00 |
|Type II, III systems 1,501 - 2,999 gallons per day||$500.00 |
|* Type III(b), IV systems less than 481 gallons per day||$225.00 |
|* Type III(b), IV systems less than 481 - 1,500 gallons per day||$300.00 |
|* Type III(b), IV systems less than 1,501 - 2,999 gallons per day||$500.00 |
|* Type V systems||$500.00 |
|* Type VI systems||$600.00 |
(1) Revisions and/or Construction Authorization renewals are the amount of the permit fee stated above. Original permit fee must be paid before revision request can be taken.
(2) Original Permit Fee/Revision of Improvement Permits without expiration shall be twice the amount reflected above.
(3) Engineer Option Permits fee is 30% of the set rate for IP and CA Permit according to the system type and daily flow design.
|* Type IIIB Inspection Fee (late fee $25)||$100.00 |
|* Type IV Inspection Fee (late fee $25)||$100.00 |
|* Type V Inspection Fee (late fee $25)||$200.00 |
|* Type VI Inspection Fee (late fee $25)||$300.00 |
(1) Management Entity inspection fees shall be assessed to any new wastewater system or any existing wastewater system for which there has been a change of ownership effective July 1, 2009.
(2) Gravity distributions systems that use sand line trenches are fee exempt.
|Relocation/existing system check (no upgrade)|
(If site evaluation is necessary, fee to be paid when permit is picked up)
|Septic System Repair Evaluation||$300.00 |
|Mobile Home Park Authorization/Connection||$50.00 |
|Wastewater Tap Connection||$75.00 |
|* Test Well (per site)||$300.00 |
|* Mobile Home Parks/Campgrounds Annual Fee (late fee $25)||$150.00 |
|* Bacteria||$50.00 |
|* Chemical||$150.00 |
|* Pesticide||$150.00 |
|* Petroleum||$150.00 |
|* Nitrate||$50.00 |
|New and Repair Well permit||$300.00 |
|* Tattoo Artist Annual Permit Fee (per artist)||$250.00 |
Public Swimming Pools
|* Seasonal Pool Permit Fee (Annual)||$200.00 |
|* Year Round Pool Permit Fee (Annual)||$300.00 |
|* Pool Plan Review Fee||$250.00 |
|* Revisit Fee ||$25.00 |
Food Establishment Plan Review
|* Food Establishment Plan Review||$250.00 |
|* Food Establishment Plan Review (Existing Establishments)||$150.00 |
|* Smoking Violation Civil Penalty||$200.00 |