Welcome to the Lowcountry! Artist Melissa Conroy takes us through the South’s lush, magical Lowcountry, capturing the stately mansions and intricate gardens, haunting statuary and monuments, and animals from both the land and sea, including:
• Charleston garden
• Historic downtown Charleston
• Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah
• Savannah’s River Street
• South Carolina’s Hunting Island State Park
• The marshes and cabins of the Sea Islands
• Gay Fish Company and Penn Center on St. Helena Island
• Beaufort and its environs
Melissa Conroy grew up in the South Carolina Lowcountry, and every summer she returns with sketchbook in hand. She has MAs from the University of Georgia and Philadelphia University, in painting and textile design, and a BFA in painting from the Rhode Island School of Design. Currently she lives in Philadelphia with her husband, daughter, and son. She is a part-time faculty member in the Textile Design Department at Philadelphia University. Visit www.melissaconroy.com.
Copies of the book will be available for purchase and autographing.