About our County’s Finance Department
The Finance Department:
- Maintains, controls, and analyzes the fiscal operations of the county government.
- Maintains adequate accounting records to document compliance with local, State, and Federal laws and ordinances.
- Safeguards assets of the county through implementation or acquisition of adequate internal control mechanisms, investments, and insurance coverage.
- Maintains the county’s general ledger(s), including payroll and related records.
- Coordinates all billing and collection of county revenue.
- Maintains all purchasing records, financial statements, and other related records.
- Coordinates the preparation of the annual county budget. Aids department heads in preparing budget estimates and in determining costs for new, expanded or reorganized programs. Implements approved budget; prepares budget adjustments as necessary, making appropriate ledger adjustments.
- Invests county funds to ensure adequate return on investment while maintaining funds’ safety.
- Develops and monitors adherence to established procedures for the procurement of material, equipment, and services for the county.
- Assists county departments with financial matters, and explains policies and procedures.