The Cape Fear Elder Abuse Prevention Network serving Brunswick, Columbus, New Hanover & Pender Counties in partnership with Coastal AARP, Brightmore of Wilmington, NC Senior Medicare Patrol Program, and the Cape Fear Council of Governments Area Agency on Aging are co-sponsoring “Modern Times, More Modern Crimes 2019—The Florence Factor” a FREE Fraud/Scam/Elder Abuse Prevention & Hurricane Preparedness Event for senior adults and their families in the 4 county area on Thursday, April 11, 2019 from 8:15 am to 2 pm at the New Hanover County Senior Resource Center, 2222 S. College Rd., Wilmington, NC. Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
RSVP IS REQUIRED BY APRIL 8, 2019. Please see attached flyer for more information.
- Speakers include: NC Attorney General Josh Stein keynote speaker;
- Ben David, District Attorney, New Hanover/Pender Counties;
- New Hanover Co. Sheriff’s Office;
- NC Dept of Insurance
- NC Senior Medicare Patrol Program
- New Hanover Senior Resource Center and Emergency Management