Since the federal disaster declaration for Hurricane Florence, Brunswick County residents and local governments have been approved for nearly $53.7 million in state and federal funds:
- More than $7.2 million in state and federal grants have gone to 1,906 homeowners and renters.
- As of Dec. 14, 1,050 flood insurance claims have been filed. An estimated $20.3 million in claims have been paid to date.
- More than $26.1 million in U.S. Small Business Administration low-interest disaster loans have been approved for 666 homeowners and businesses.
- FEMA has provided more than $64,000 to the state to help local governments in Brunswick County with Hurricane Florence-related expenses.
- As of Feb. 6, 7,146 home inspections have been issued. Approximately 99 percent of home inspections have been completed.
- Transitional Sheltering Assistance is an option using participating hotel/motels to help survivors identify short or long-term housing solutions.
- Current number of households checked in: 9
- Brunswick County has been approved for FEMA Direct Temporary Housing Assistance. Travel trailers and manufactured housing units may be provided for eligible applicants.
- As of Feb. 5, temporary housing units licensed in: 19
- Brunswick County was approved for assistance to local governments for debris removal and emergency protective measures Sept. 14 and permanent work Oct. 12.
- As of Feb. 6, 42 Requests for Public Assistance were received and approved to date.
- An applicant briefing was held Oct. 15.