Public Notice

Public Notice

System Pressure Advisory Rescinded: Part of Boiling Spring Lakes / El sistema a resumido sus servicios y operaciones normales


Based on the laboratory analysis of water samples collected on October 17 and 18, 2018, water consumers of Brunswick County Public Utilities located in Boiling Spring Lakes on E. Boiling Spring Rd. and all connecting roads off E. Boiling Spring Rd. on both sides between North Lake Dr. and the dam, are hereby notified that it is no longer necessary to boil water or use bottled water for human consumption.

There are no longer any System Pressure Advisory for Brunswick County Public Utilities.

This notice is issued and effective October 19, 2018.

We appreciate your cooperation and patience during this period. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.


John Nichols

Brunswick County Public Utilities




Basado en un estudio conducido en las muestras de agua, los clientes del Brunswick County Public Utilities que se encuentran el los siguietes pueblo Boiling Spring Lakes estan siendo notificados por este informe que lla no hay necesidad de continuar hirviedo el agua o usar agua enbotellada para consumer. El sistema a resumido sus servicios y operaciones normales.

FROM NCDEQ: Division of Coastal Management sets up temporary office in Wilmington


MOREHEAD CITY – The N.C. Division of Coastal Management has set up a temporary office in Wilmington where property owners who suffered damage from Hurricane Florence can call or visit for permitting assistance.

The temporary office is in the Building Safety Department at the New Hanover County Government Center, 230 Government Center Drive, Suite 170, Wilmington.  It will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays through Fridays.

Division of Coastal Management permitting staff can be reached through the New Hanover County Inspections Office at 910-798-7308 or through their direct lines at:

  • Shaun Simpson 910-798-7117
  • Tanya Pietila     910-798-7089

Coastal Management representatives will answer questions about Coastal Area Management Act permits for rebuilding docks, piers, houses and other structures. They also will answer questions about obtaining CAMA permits to rebuild dunes or use sandbags to protect houses from erosion.