Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 10, 2015, in the office of the Brunswick County Engineering Department, Building I, 75 Courthouse Drive, Bolivia, NC 28422, for the construction of: FY 15 Enterprise Waterlines. The water main extensions consist of six (6) areas within Brunswick County known as Fletcher-Hewett Road, Sirwood Place, Nichols Avenue-Shepard Road, Big Oak Subdivision, Beaufort Road, and Snowfield Area. Applications received after the designated time will not be accepted. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Provide all materials, labor and incidentals for the installation of approximately 5,510 If 12″ water main; 11,400 If 8″ water main; 2,130 If 6″ water main; 1,510 If 4″ water main; 775 If 2″ water main; and twenty-nine (29) fire hydrants including stormwater management, erosion control, clearing and grading as per plans and specifications.
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site is allowed during daylight hours.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for $200 after November 11, 2015 at the following location:
Contact: Phillip Tripp Telephone: (910) 763-5100
Tripp Engineering 419 Chestnut Street Wilmington, NC 28401
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations during normal business hours:
- NC Interactive Purchasing online www.ips.state.nc.us
- CDC News Office online, www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online
- Brunswick County Engineering Department (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
- Tripp Engineering, 419 Chestnut Street, Wilmington, NC
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required with the bid only. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort during the bid phase to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders shall be included in the Contract Documents.