Brunswick County Health Clinic
Brunswick County Health Services offers many clinical services and programs (located inside 25 Courthouse Drive/Building A in Bolivia), including immunizations, laboratory services, pediatric services and more. Many services are offered with sliding-scale fees, based on a patient’s ability to pay. Cash, checks, Medicaid, Medicare, North Carolina Health Choice, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, CIGNA, Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas, Humana, MedCost, TriCare and United Healthcare are accepted.
Services performed include:
- Breast & Cervical Cancer Control Program (BCCP): Free or low cost mammograms and pap smears may be provided to screen for cervical and breast cancers. Services are provided to women ages 40-64 and must be income-eligible.
- Family Planning: Contraceptive information and counseling about common forms of birth control are available to men and women as part of the Women’s Preventative Health Services program. Counseling on natural family planning, oral contraceptives (the pill), IUDs, barrier methods, vasectomies and sterilization is available to anyone of child-bearing age who is planning or preventing a pregnancy. Services are on a sliding fee scale, based on household income and size. Pap smears and breast exams are also available. View more information.
- Flu Vaccinations: Flu vaccinations are offered each fall and winter. The regular seasonal flu shot is offered, as well as a high-dose shot for those 65 or older. View updated flu clinic dates, times and costs.
- Immunizations: Immunizations are available for children, teens and adults of any age. View available vaccines, hours and fees.
- Lab Services: Full laboratory services are available to adults and children of all ages. Some services require a lab order from a private doctor or Health Clinic doctor. Fees are on a sliding scale. View more information and hours.
- Maternity Clinic: Gives newborns a healthy start in life by providing expectant moms with early and regular pre-natal care throughout their pregnancy. All pregnant women who are Brunswick County residents are eligible.
- Pediatric Clinic: The Pediatric Clinic offers well child exams, diagnostic tests, diagnosis and treatment of common childhood illnesses, and guidance on growth and development issues to children from birth to 21 years of age (if established patient). The Pediatric Clinic accepts referrals from the Care Coordination for Children program, public schools, day care centers and other facilities. Fees are on a sliding scale. View more information and hours.
- STD Screenings: The General Health Clinic offers STD (sexually transmitted disease) screenings and treatment to men and women of all ages; screenings are free-of-charge, though some treatment may require payment. STD tests, treatment, and HIV counseling are also available as part of the Women’s Preventative Health Services program. View more information and hours.
- Tuberculosis Clinic: The Tuberculosis Clinic offers testing and treatment for latent and active tuberculosis (TB). View more information and hours.