Brunswick County Health Services offers many clinical services and programs (located inside 25 Courthouse Drive/Building A in Bolivia), including immunizations, laboratory services, pediatric services and more. Many services are offered with sliding-scale fees, based on a patient’s ability to pay. Cash, checks, Medicaid, Medicare, North Carolina Health Choice, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, CIGNA, Coventry Healthcare of the Carolinas, Humana, MedCost, TriCare and United Healthcare are accepted.
Services performed include:
- Family Planning: Contraceptive information and counseling about common forms of birth control are available to men and women as part of the Women’s Preventative Health Services program. Counseling on natural family planning, oral contraceptives (the pill), IUDs, barrier methods, vasectomies and sterilization is available to anyone of child-bearing age who is planning or preventing a pregnancy. Services are on a sliding fee scale, based on household income and size. Pap smears and breast exams are also available. Click here for more information.
- Flu Vaccinations: Flu vaccinations are offered each fall and winter. The regular seasonal flu shot is offered, as well as the nasal FluMist and a high-dose shot for those 65 or older. For updated flu clinic dates, times and costs, click here.
- Immunizations: Immunizations are available for children, teens and adults of any age. Click here for available vaccines, hours and fees.
- Lab Services: Full laboratory services are available to adults and children of all ages. Some services require a lab order from a private doctor or Health Clinic doctor. Fees are on a sliding scale. Click here for more information and hours.
- Pediatric Clinic: The Pediatric Clinic offers well child exams, diagnostic tests, diagnosis and treatment of common childhood illnesses, and guidance on growth and development issues to children from birth to 21 years of age (if established patient). The Pediatric Clinic accepts referrals from the Care Coordination for Children program, public schools, day care centers and other facilities. Fees are on a sliding scale. Click here for hours and more information.
- STD Screenings: The General Health Clinic offers STD (sexually transmitted disease) screenings and treatment to men and women of all ages; screenings are free-of-charge, though some treatment may require payment. STD tests, treatment, and HIV counseling are also available as part of the Women’s Preventative Health Services program. For hours and more information, click here.
- Tuberculosis Clinic: The Tuberculosis Clinic offers testing and treatment for latent and active tuberculosis (TB). For hours and more information, click here.
- Women’s Preventative Health: Women’s Preventative Health offers a wide variety of preventative and wellness services with sliding scale fees to women of child-bearing age who are planning or preventing a pregnancy. Services including contraceptive services, health screenings, pregnancy tests, pap smears and breast exams, assessment of health concerns like menopause or osteoporosis, and nutritional risk assessments. Some services (like family planning) are also available to men. Click here for hours and more information.