Brunswick County Diabetes Education Program
Brunswick County Health Services provides an ADA recognized Diabetes Education Program. Referrals are accepted from your health care provider. For a referral, take the Diabetes Referral Form to your doctor.
Who the Program Serves
The Diabetes Program is available to men and women who have Type I or Type II diabetes.
Registered Dieticians and a Registered Nurse teach classes about:
- Diabetes medication
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Long-term and short-term complications of diabetes
A nutritious lunch is included. Assessments are required before attending a class.
- Assessments (required to participate) are scheduled by appointment.
- Classes are held the third Thursday of each month, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A three-month follow up is held quarterly on the second Thursday at 10-11 a.m. Class times are subject to change.
- Call 910-253-2250 or 888-428-4429 (toll-free), or email email@example.com.
- Fees are on an income-based sliding scale.