Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program
Who the Program Serves
The Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program (BCCCP) is available to women who are:
- Ages 50-64 (women 40-49 are eligible if space allows).
- Younger than age 40, if symptomatic.
- At or below 250% of the federal poverty level.
- Not receiving Medicare Part B or Medicaid.
- A Brunswick County resident.
During a screening exam, a nurse:
- Performs a clinic breast exam.
- Offers a mammogram appointment at:
- Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center, Bolivia.
- The Medical Mall at New Hanover Medical Center, Wilmington, or its satellite office at Brunswick Forest, Leland.
- Dosher Memorial Hospital, Southport.
- Performs a pap test.
- Performs some limited diagnostic tests for follow-up of abnormal results.
- Teaches the patient how to do a breast self-exam.
- Offers smoking cessation.
Any abnormal findings are referred to a doctor.
- Appointments are required. Call 910-253-2276 or 888-428-4429 (toll-free), or email email@example.com.
- The Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Clinic is located at 25 Courthouse Drive (Building A) in Bolivia.
- Income eligibility required. If eligible no fees for services.