Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. September 28, 2017, in the office of the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center for the construction of: GILBERT ROAD WATER MAIN IMPROVEMENTS and shortly thereafter the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
• Approximately 13,000 LF of 16-inch water main along the Gilbert Road Right-of-Way.
• Associated valves, fire hydrants, and appurtenances.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open (non-mandatory) pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders and vendors at 3:00 p.m. September 14, 2017, in the office of the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 toward Supply. Turn right onto Hwy. 211 heading toward Bolton. Turn right onto Grey Water Road in approximately one mile (beside athletic park). Utilities Operations Center is on the right, near the end of Grey Water Road.
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site may be allowed only by approval of Brunswick County. Telephone Bob Tweedy (910-253-2680) to schedule a visit.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for a non-refundable fee of $200.00 at the following location (check payable to McKim & Creed, Inc.):
Contact: Jamie Fitzsimmons
Telephone: (910) 343-1048
Address: McKim & Creed, Inc., 243 N. Front St., Wilmington, NC 28401
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
• NC Interactive Purchasing online
• Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
• McKim & Creed, Inc. (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
• Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
• CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
• McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com
• Reed Construction Data online www.reedconstructiondata.com
• Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders are included in the Contract Documents.