Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 5, 2017, in the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center in Supply, NC, for the construction of: Boiling Spring Lakes / Seaside, 2016 Enterprise Funded Sewer Extension and shortly thereafter the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Construction of approximately 4,043 linear feet of 8” gravity sewer and 650 linear feet of 2-inch pressure sewer at the Boiling Spring Lakes site and 1,420 of 2-inch and 1,135 of 3-inch pressure sewer at the Seaside site.
Pre-Bid Meeting: An open pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders and vendors on December 15, 2016, at 3:00 p.m. in the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center. Directions are as follows: From Wilmington follow US 17 toward Supply. Turn right onto Hwy. 211 heading toward Bolton. Turn right onto Grey Water Road in approximately one mile (beside athletic park). Utilities Operations Center is on right.
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site is unlimited and at the bidder’s discretion.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for $150.00 at the following location after December 12, 2016 (cash or check payable to Norris & Tunstall Consulting Engineers, P.C.):
- Contact: Phil Norris
- Telephone: (910) 287-5900
- Norris & Tunstall Consulting Engineers, P.C.
- 1429 Ash-Little River Road
- Ash, NC 28420
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
- NC Interactive Purchasing online www.ips.state.nc.us
- Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
- CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com/plans
- Reed Construction Data online www.reedconstructiondata.com
- Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
- Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
- Norris & Tunstall Consulting Engineers, P.C., 1429 Ash-Little River Road, Ash, NC
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders are included in the Contract Documents.