Sealed proposals will be received until 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 1, 2016, in the office of the Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center in Supply, NC, for the construction of 1 MG Finished Water Tank, Highway 211 Water Treatment Plant, and shortly thereafter the bids will be opened publicly and read aloud. The contract shall be Single Prime. A general description of the work includes:
- Construction of 1 MG Ground-Level Concrete Water Tank
- Construction of Approximately 600 Feet of Interconnecting 30-Inch Water Main
Pre-Bid Meeting: A non-mandatory pre-bid meeting was held at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, October 20, 2016, at the Highway 211 Water Treatment Plant, 4305 Southport-Supply Road SE, Southport, NC.
Site Visitation: Individual inspection of the proposed construction site may be allowed only by approval of Brunswick County. Telephone Jeremy Sexton, Water Resources Superintendent, 910-253-2488, in order to schedule a visit.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be purchased for $150.00 at the following location (cash or check/money order payable to Dewberry Engineers, Inc.):
- Dewberry Engineers, Inc.
- 2610 Wycliff Road, Suite 410
- Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
No refund for any Contract Documents shall be made and no partial sets of the Contract Documents will be issued. The Contract Documents may be examined at the following locations:
- NC Interactive Purchasing online www.ips.state.nc.us
- Carolinas A.G.C. Digital Plan Room online www.cagc.org on IBuild®
- CDC News Office online www.cdcnews.com
- McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Digital Plan Room online www.dodge.construction.com/plans
- Reed Construction Data online www.reedconstructiondata.com
- Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas online www.hcacarolinas.org
- Brunswick County Public Utilities Operations Center (8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. business days)
- Dewberry Engineers, Inc., Raleigh, NC
Brunswick County reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals. A 5% bid bond or deposit is required. Brunswick County has implemented a Minority Business Enterprise Policy that requires Contractors to exhibit a good-faith effort to contact minority business subcontractors whose work on the project would represent 10% of the total value of the work. Contractors must be properly licensed. Additional instructions to bidders are included in the Contract Documents.