About the Juvenile Crime Prevention Council
To strengthen and support appropriate programs through incorporating prevention and intervention strategies in a comprehensive juvenile crime prevention effort.
To promote community-wide commitment that will ensure the safety, security and quality of life for our children and their families.
- Review the needs of juveniles in the county who are at risk of delinquency or who have been adjudicated undisciplined or delinquent.
- Review the resources available to address those needs.
- Prioritize community risk factors.
- Determine the services needed to address those problems areas.
- Develop a request for proposals for services needed.
- Submit a written annual plan to the county commissioners for approval.
- Evaluate program performance.
- Increase public awareness of the causes of delinquency and strategies to reduce the problem.
- Develop strategies to intervene, respond to and treat the needs of juveniles at risk of delinquency.
- Provide funds for treatment, counseling, or rehabilitation services.