There is still some uncertainty in Hurricane Florence’s track, but now is the time to prepare, review your hurricane plans and be ready.
- Have on hand a five-day supply of non perishable food (and a non-electric can opener, if you include canned items) and water (one gallon per person per day). Make sure you have prescription medications. Find more emergency supply kit suggestions at http://www.brunswickcountync.gov/emergency/supplies/.
- Review evacuation routes, so they are familiar in case you need to leave. If evacuating, do not wait until the last minute. (Find evacuation information, things to take and evacuation routes at https://readync.org/EN/Plan_Evacuating.html)
- Sign up for CodeRED (Brunswick County’s emergency alert system) so you can receive important emergency information by phone call, text message, email, or TDD/TTY device. (Sign up at https://public.coderedweb.com/cne/en-US/7BC24EDE14D3)
- If you have special medical needs and may require assistance during an emergency or an evacuation, you can add your information to the Medical Needs Registry at http://fs19.formsite.com/ubwatts/form165290145/index.html.
- The risk of rip currents in our area is heightened, regardless of Hurricane Florence’s final path. To learn more about rip current safety, visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0iCgB8-jDs.
Remember – regardless of where Hurricane Florence goes, now is the time to review plans and prepare.