BOLIVIA, NC 28422
(910) 253-2704 FAX
September 5, 2017
Request for Qualifications
Professional Architectural Services
Courthouse Remodeling and Addition
Brunswick County is located in the southeastern corner of the state in the coastal plain region. The county is primarily rural in nature, has nineteen municipalities located within the county, and is growing rapidly. There is a large permanent population, a growing senior population, and large seasonal influx of visitors due to tourism.
The current county courthouse is a three-story building that is approximately sixteen years old. Due to the growth in the programs and functions within the courthouse we are planning a two-phase upgrade of the building. Phase one will be to remodel the existing courthouse to maximize current building efficiency. Phase two will be an addition to the building with an associated parking lot. A space needs study of the building was recently completed and is available upon request.
We are seeking qualifications from architectural firms with experience in comprehensive planning and design services of governmental buildings to assist us with this project. Anticipated services to be provided are:
- Attend meetings with county management and staff to finalize the building renovation and addition,
- Provide professional architectural design services to include:
- Schematic Design
- Design Development
- Construction Drawings
- Bidding and Award Services
- Construction Administration Services
- Project Closeout including record drawings (one paper set, CAD files, and PDFs)
Proposals must include the following information:
- Key principal and associate staff; identification of any associate firms and their key principal and associate staff and responsibilities
- Identification of Team Project Manager
- Project Team organizational chart
- Firm history and statement of qualifications
- Detailed resumes of the project team and relevant project experience
- Minimum five client references from similar projects including telephone number and email contact information
- Description of the anticipated project approach including work plan, proposed meetings, schedule, scope of work, and approach to project budget control including if a third-party cost control consultant will be utilized
If interested, please submit a minimum of five hard copies of your submittal by 5:00pm on Friday, October 13th to:
William L. Pinnix, P.E.
Director of Engineering
Post Office Box 249
75 Courthouse Drive
Bolivia, North Carolina 28422
There will be a selection review committee for this project. Presentations may be required as part of the selection process. Brunswick County reserves the right to select the firm that best meets the needs of the county with regards to this project.