Interested firms should submit an electronic copy and five hard copies of the Statement of Qualifications by 5:00 PM on Thursday, May 3.
Brunswick County is the southeasternmost county in North Carolina, with just under 50 miles of Atlantic shoreline. Though primarily rural in nature, it contains 19 municipalities, six of which are located in whole or in part on barrier islands. The current permanent population is approximately 130,000; Brunswick County is the fastest growing in North Carolina, and among the top 1% in growth in the nation. The mouth of the Cape Fear River is within the county, as well as are the inlets for the Lockwood Folly and Shallotte Rivers. The Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway crosses Brunswick County from the Cape Fear River westward to the South Carolina state line.
The County has been a financial participant in several coastal storm damage reduction projects, and has also co-sponsored navigation improvement and aquatic environment restoration projects.
We are seeking qualifications from coastal engineering and consulting firms with experience in comprehensive coastal shoreline and waterway engineering and project oversight services. Coastal management services that may be requested by the County include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct coastal project feasibility studies
- Collaborate with County and other local government officials to develop cost-effective site-specific strategies for shoreline protection and/or navigation channel improvement and maintenance.
- Provide professional design, permitting, bidding and award, and construction administration services.
Statements of Qualifications must include the following information:
- Key principal and associate staff; identification of any associate firms and their key principal and associate staff and responsibilities
- Identification of Team Project Manager
- Project Team organizational chart
- Relevant firm history and statement of firm qualifications
- Detailed resumes of the proposed service team and relevant experience
- Minimum of five client references from similarly-situated public sector clients, including telephone and email contact information
Interested firms should submit an electronic copy and five hard copies of the Statement of Qualifications by 5:00 PM on Thursday, May 3 to:
Steve Stone, Deputy County Manager
County of Brunswick
30 Government Center Drive
PO Box 249
Bolivia, NC 28422
There will be a review committee to recommend firm selection. Presentations may be required as part of the selection process. It is the intent of the County to select a firm or firms to provide professional services on an as requested basis. The County reserves the right to select the firm or firms that in the County’s opinion demonstrate that they are best positioned to meet the anticipated needs of the County with regards to coastal management services. The County also reserve the right to defer selection of a firm.