Social Services Client Rights and Concerns
As a client enrolled in a program or receiving a service through Brunswick County Social Services, you have rights, including the right to ask questions and to address concerns you may have.
You have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect at all times.
- Ask questions about your benefits, services, or plans.
- Understand why you may not qualify for a service or may be denied a type of assistance.
- Privacy in accordance with HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), and to understand how these laws affect you. (View our Privacy Practices.)
- Address concerns about your benefits, services, or treatment.
If you have such a concern, it is often helpful to first try to address it with your caseworker or another individual familiar with your case. If you still have concerns, you may contact the Social Services leadership team (contact information).