At any given time in Brunswick County, there are 120 or more children in foster care because their own families are in crisis and unable to provide for them.
Foster Care is temporary care for children who have the ultimate goal of returning home to their birth parents or other relatives. Foster parents play a vital role in understanding the needs of the children during these difficult times and with their help, intervention and nurturing can make all the difference to a child in need.
Foster Parenting is about believing and investing in the future by helping children and families who are experiencing difficult circumstances.
Prospective Foster Parents must attend the required 30 hour TIPS-MAPP training. The training will help you decide if fostering is a good match for your family and answer a lot of questions about the foster care system. TIPS-MAPP is a mutual decision process and an applicant can select out or be selected out by the agency if it is determined the applicant may not be a good fit for the children and families served by the agency.
The requirements to be a Foster Parent include but are not limited to:
- All adults living in the household who will have caretaker responsibility of a foster child must attend the required 30 hour training and complete licensing requirements
- All adults must be willing to submit to criminal checks, and fingerprints
- Must be 21 years of age
- Can be single or married
- Must have a stable home and adequate sleeping space for children
- Must be self-sufficient showing proof of financial stability
- Must not be receiving government public assistance, i.e. food stamps, public housing, etc.
- Maintain a drug-free, safe and nurturing environment
- All household members must be in good mental/physical health as evidenced by a complete physical
- The home must pass a fire inspection and meet all licensing environmental regulations.
- Pet restrictions may apply
- Licensing restrictions of homes located near bodies of water
For details about the next TIPS-MAPP training, click the link below.
For additional information contact: Tamela Jones @ 910-253-2112 or email@example.com
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.