Tax Foreclosure Properties
The properties listed at the bottom of this page are scheduled for sale at the next Brunswick County Property Tax Foreclosure Auction due to unpaid property taxes.
Please make yourself familiar with all of the information below if you are interested in purchasing one of the properties listed:
- Location – To bid you must attend the auction at the Courthouse. Each Tax Foreclosure Auction takes place on the steps of the Brunswick County Courthouse in Bolivia, NC, rain or shine.
- Bidding Responsibility – Pursuant to state law, when bidding at a public sale, bidders become personally liable and responsible for their bids. The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty and will not overturn a sale and refund the purchase price or deposit because a bidder did not know what they were bidding on. It is the buyer’s responsibility to investigate the property prior to bidding. All sales are final.
- Winning Bids/Deposit – All bidders must be prepared to pay a 10% deposit immediately upon the conclusion of the auction by cash, certified bank check, bank cashier’s check or money order. Personal checks will not be accepted. If the successful bidder fails to produce payment immediately upon the conclusion of the auction, the property shall be immediately re-auctioned. Brunswick County does not offer financing.
- Failed Bids – If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss. Defaulting bidders may be barred from making subsequent bids at any foreclosure sale conducted by Brunswick County.
- Upset Bids – Following the auction, there is a standard ten (10) day period in which the property owner may pay all delinquent taxes to cancel the sale, or the bid may be upset by a higher bid. The minimum upset bid must exceed the sale price by 5%, but in any event the increase must be at least $750 over the sale price. Upset bids are paid to the Clerk of Court, Brunswick County Courthouse, prior to the ten (10) day deadline. Upset bids do not assure the sale of the property to the upset bidder. Upset bids will be accepted on a rolling basis and the property will be sold to the highest upset bidder.
- Payment – Bids accepted at auction and upset during the ten (10) day period must be paid in full to the Clerk of Court, Brunswick County Courthouse within ten (10) days after the upset bid deadline.
The information posted here about any tax foreclosure sale property is for assistance only in this investigative process, and cannot and should not be relied upon solely by any bidder.
Current and Upcoming Sales
Note: All properties are sold in ‘as is’ condition. Interested parties are encouraged to research all properties thoroughly prior to sale and before bidding on a property.
March 8, 2019 - Parcel 1410002203
March 8, 2019 - Parcel 156NG003/156NG004
March 8, 2019 - Parcel 201NA007
2494 CARAWAY DR SE
L-219 MILL CREEK COVE PLAT 35/282
Property Tax Card 201na007