Agenda now available for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Aug. 19 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting this Monday, Aug. 19 at 6 p.m.
Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/clerk/agendas/
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
More information on the public comment policy is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/.
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on.
- Utilities – Northwest Water Treatment Plant Design Status Update: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive a status update on the Northwest Water Treatment Plant Design.
VII. Public Hearing
- Planning – Brunswick County Agricultural Development Plan: Request that, after the Public Hearing, the Board of Commissioners consider adopting the Brunswick County Agricultural Development Plan.
- Planning – Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Proposed 2019 Refinements: Request that, after the Public Hearing, the Board of Commissioners consider amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance with the Proposed 2019 Refinements (UDO-19-02).
VIII. Administrative Report
- Operation Services – Disaster Debris Planning and Support Management: Request that the Board of Commissioners award the primary disaster debris planning and support management contract to Tetra Tech and the secondary disaster debris planning and support management contract to Thompson Consulting.
- Planning – Holden Beach Transportation Corridor Study Steering Committee: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the establishment of the Holden Beach Transportation Corridor Study Steering Committee.
- Sheriff’s Office/Detention Center – Reallocation of Capital Outlay Equipment Funds, Reorganization of Detention Supervisors: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the reallocation of capital-outlay equipment funds and the reorganization of the Detention Center supervisor structure.
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/clerk/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at (910) 253-2995 or email email@example.com