Agenda now available for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Oct. 7 meeting
>> Missed the meeting? Read the meeting recap.
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting this Monday, Oct. 7 at 3 p.m.
Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on.
- Wilmington MPO – Alternative Funding Sources for Cape Fear Moving Forward 2045: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive information from the Wilmington MPO regarding the alternative funding sources for Cape Fear Moving Forward 2045.
VII. Administrative Report
- Administration – Request from City of Northwest for Utility System Merger Agreement: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive a request from the City of Northwest to merge the utility system into the County system and direct staff to forward the attached draft agreement to the City.
- Administration – Fiscal Year End June 30, 2019 County Manager’s Report and Capital Project Funding: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive information for Fiscal Year End June 30, 2019 and appropriate fund balance to fund projects planned in the Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Utilities – Northeast Brunswick Regional Waste Water Treatment Plant 2.5 MGD Expansion: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve appropriations and execution of contracts, and notices of award contingent on the County Attorney’s review and approval of the construction contracts, performance bonds, payment bonds, NC E-Verify Affidavits of Compliance, insurance certificates, funding approval by the Local Government Commission (LGC) and the closing of the revenue bond sale as follows:
- Ingram and Company, Inc., in the amount not to exceed of $43,000 for appraisal services for the acquisition of required easements for the Northeast Brunswick Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant Force Main.
- T.A. Loving in an amount not to exceed $42,360,000 for the construction of the Northeast Brunswick Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant 2.5 MGD Expansion Project. Approve staff and McKim and Creed to continue negotiations with the contractor in an effort to reduce project costs while maintaining an acceptable level of quality, performance, reliability, and safety.
- T.A. Loving Company for the base bid of $2,385,000 for the construction of the Northeast Wastewater Treatment Plant Off-Site Force Main Contract 1-West Project.
- T.A. Loving Company for the base bid in the amount of $3,025,000 for the construction of the Northeast Wastewater Treatment Plant Off-Site Force Main Contract II-East Project.
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com