Agenda preview for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Tuesday, Jan. 21 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting this Tuesday, Jan. 21 at 6 p.m.
Note: The Board will meet on Tuesday evening since government offices are closed Monday, Jan. 20 to observe Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on.
VI. Administrative Report
- Administration – Approval of Request for Representation on the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider approval of a letter requesting Brunswick County representation on the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (WAVE Transit).
- Tax Administration – Resolution Authorizing Tax Collector to Direct Execution to Sheriff: Request the Board of Commissioners approve the resolution authorizing the Brunswick County Tax Collector to direct execution against personal property to the Sheriff.
- Utilities – 211 Water Treatment Plant Filter Construction Budget Amendment: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a budget amendment for $1.2 million to fund the construction costs for five replacement Evoqua filters at the 211 Water Treatment Plant.
- Utilities – Cape Fear River Locks and Dams: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive information on the Cape Fear River Locks and Dams.
- Utilities – Grinder Pump Maintenance Policy Amendment: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve an amendment to the existing Grinder Pump Maintenance Policy allowing the County to assume maintenance responsibility for commercial duplex grinder pump systems with permitted flows between 1,680 and 15,000 gpd and changes to verbiage within the policy to better align with existing North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ) guidance, terminology and County standards.
- Utilities – Shallotte Water Transmission Main Contract Amendment Cape Fear Engineering and Associated Budget Amendment: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve budget amendment and authorize the chairman and clerk to the board to approve the contract amendment with Cape Fear Engineering in the amount of $38,500 for engineering services associated with the design of the Shallotte Water Transmission Main.
VII. Other Business/Informal Discussion
- Governing Body – Federal Legislative Goals: Request that the Board of Commissioners discuss federal legislative goals for 2020.
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com