Agenda preview for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Nov. 18 meeting
>> Missed the meeting? Read the meeting recap.
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting this Monday, Nov. 18 at 6 p.m.
Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on.
VII. Public Hearing
- Code Administration – FEMA Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) Approved by FEMA: After the public hearing, request that the Board of Commissioners approve the first and second readings of the FEMA Flood Insurance Study (FIS) and associated Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) and adopt the FIS and FIRMs effective Dec. 6, 2019, as required to remain in good standing with the NFIP.
- Planning – Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Proposed Flood Damage Prevention Text Amendments: Request that, after the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners consider amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance with the proposed text amendments related to flood damage prevention.
- Planning – Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Proposed Rezoning Text Amendments: Request that, after the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners consider amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance with the proposed text amendments related to Session Law 2019-99 (House Bill 237). The proposed text amendments will allow the Planning Board to grant final approval for rezonings with a provision that any person with standing may appeal the Planning Board’s decision by written notice to the county manager within 15 days of the decision and the decision is final if no appeal is presented in the 15-day timeframe.
- Planning – Z-785: Request that, after the public hearing, the Board of Commissioners consider amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance. This case proposes to rezone tax parcel 234AB020 from C-LD (Commercial Low Density) to R-6000 (High Density Residential) that would allow for residential use. This rezoning totals approximately 0.157 acres. Currently there is an older non-residential structure on the property.
VIII. Administrative Report
- Administration – Request for Supplemental Funding for WAVE Brunswick Connector Route: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider an FY20 supplemental funding request of $5,500 from WAVE Transit for the Brunswick Connector bus route.
- Planning – Z-781: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Map from C-I (Commercial Intensive) to SBR-6000 (High Density Site Built Residential). This case proposes to rezone Tax Parcel 0460006004 to SBR-6000 that would allow for site-built residential uses.
- Utilities – AWIA Professional Services Agreement CDM Smith and Associated Budget Amendment: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a budget amendment and authorize the chairman to execute the sole services agreement with CDM Smith for the generation and certification of the required documents necessary to satisfy the American Water Infrastructure Act of 2018. Staff recommends award of the project in the amount of $114,000.
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com