Agenda preview for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Dec. 2 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting this Monday, Dec. 2 at 3 p.m.
Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on.
IV. Election of Chairman
V. Election of Vice-Chairman
- 1. NC Maritime Museum: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive the NC Maritime Museum’s 2019 review and 2020 plan.
- 2. Tax Administration – Acknowledge Crystal Burnett and Marlon Long’s Achievements: Recognize staff accomplishments and awards presented at the North Carolina Association of Assessing Officers.
X. Administrative Report
- 1. Administration – Approval of Request for Representation on the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider approval of a letter requesting Brunswick County representation on the Cape Fear Public Transportation Authority (WAVE Transit).
- 2. Board of Elections – Approval and Funding for New Voting Equipment: Request that the Board of Commissioners adopt and acquire the Hart Intercivic Verity Voting 2.2 voting system.
- 3. Utilities – Discuss Transfer of Utility System from the Town of Navassa: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive information regarding the conveyance of the utility system from the Town of Navassa, and direct staff to prepare documents necessary for conveyance. The proposed date by which the County will assume ownership and operational responsibility of the Navassa Water and Sewer System is March 1, 2020.
XI. Board Appointments
- 1. Brunswick County Board of Commissioners Board Seat Assignments for Calendar Year 2020: Request that the Board of Commissioners appoint members to fill the Calendar Year 2020 Board Seat listing.
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org