Agenda preview for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Monday, Feb. 17 meeting
>> Missed the meeting? Read the meeting recap.
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting this Monday, Feb. 17 at 6 p.m.
Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on.
- Emergency Services – Ambulance Franchise Request for Columbus County EMS, Inc.: Request that the Board of Commissioners hold a hearing to consider approval for an ambulance franchise request from Columbus County EMS, Inc.
VII. Administrative Report
- Engineering – County Courthouse Addition and Renovation-Recommendation of Award to Monteith Construction Corporation: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the Notice of Award and execute the construction contract with Monteith Construction Corporation in the amount of $10,983,000 for the Brunswick County Courthouse Addition and Renovation project after County Legal review and approval of the construction contract.
- Utilities – 211 Water Treatment Plant Lagoon Conversion Project Burnette Enterprises: Request that the Board of Commissioners award the contract for the construction of the Brunswick County 211 Water Treatment Plant Lagoon Conversion Project to Burnette Enterprises in the amount of $87,500. Of the eight bids received at the Jan. 21, 2020, bid opening, Burnette Enterprises was found to be the lowest bid.
- Utilities – Cape Fear River Locks and Dams Resolution: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a resolution regarding disposition of the Cape Fear River Locks and Dams.
- Utilities – Enforcement Response Plan Revision: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a revision to the Enforcement Response Plan (ERP) within the Sewer Use Ordinance.
- Utilities – NC 811 Facilities Use Agreement: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a facilities use agreement with the North Carolina 811 organization allowing the 811 logo to be painted on the Bell Swamp above-ground water storage tank.
- Utilities – Timber Sale Old IP (South) Tracts Forestree, Inc., Canal Wood LLC: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the sale of timber on the Old IP (South) Tracts 20, 21, 22, 23 as identified in the Forest Management Plan to both Forestree, Inc., (Tract 20) and Canal Wood LLC (Tracts 21, 22, 23) in the amount of $527,282.30 and authorize the Chairman and Clerk to the Board to approve contracts.
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com