Agenda preview for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Nov. 4 meeting
>> Missed the meeting? Read the meeting recap.
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting this Monday, Nov. 4 at 3 p.m.
Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on.
- 1. Auditor’s Report on the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Fiscal Year Ended June 30, 2019: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive the report from Martin Starnes and Associates, CPAs, P.A., regarding the auditors’ opinion of the comprehensive annual financial report for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2019.
- 2. Census Proclamation and Complete Count: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive a presentation on the importance of the 2020 Census and a census complete count committee and approve a proclamation regarding partnership with the U.S. Census Bureau to help ensure an accurate count for Brunswick County.
VII. Administrative Report
- 3. Operation Services – New Transfer Station: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the proposal from Dewberry Engineers Inc. for the design and construction management of a new transfer station.
- 4. Utilities – Brunswick Regional Water and Sewer H2GO Water Tank Lease Agreement: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve finalizing and executing a nonrevenue lease agreement with Brunswick Regional Water and Sewer H2GO to place communications equipment on and around Brunswick County’s water tower located near the intersection of Enterprise Drive and Highway 74.
- 5. Utilities – Carolina Shores Main Pump Station Repair Project Construction Contract R. H. Moore Co. Inc.: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve and authorize the chairman and clerk to the board to execute the construction contract with R.H. Moore Company Inc. for the construction of the Carolina Shores main pump station repair project contingent on the county attorney’s review and approval of the construction contract. Staff recommends award of the project in the amount of $183,500.
- 6. Utilities – Northwest Water and Sewer Service Agreement and Resolutions: Request that the Board of Commissioners resolve to accept the conveyance of the utility system from the City of Northwest, authorize the chairman to execute a water and sewer service agreement with the City of Northwest and any additional documents necessary for conveyance, and authorize the county attorney to make minor contract amendments. The County will assume ownership and operational responsibility of the Northwest water and sewer system on or before Jan. 1, 2020.
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com