Commissioner Mike Forte
After being a successful small business owner for over 30 years in New Jersey, my family and I relocated to Brunswick County in 2005 to retire. Retirement proved to be a little boring after a short while, so I became involved as a volunteer in different local charities. I was a founder and president of the Cape Fear Italian Festival in Leland where every dollar made was donated to provide scholarship funding for needy students at Brunswick Community College. This gained me a seat as a board member for the Foundation of Brunswick Community College, where I served for nearly 10 years and held the position of both vice president and president. The college is something very near and dear to me as I believe every child should have an opportunity for a good education to prepare them for life. I am still very committed to that cause.
In 2011 I ran for and won a seat on the Boiling Spring Lakes City Council where I served for four years. Upon completion of my term as city commissioner, I opted to run for the position of county commissioner for District 4 and was again successful and now serve in that capacity. I hold this position with the highest regard and respect for the citizens of Brunswick County and I always approach every vote as what is best for the majority of all citizens. I endeavor to be fiscally responsible with every taxpayer dollar.
I am proud to serve as your representative in Brunswick County.
Boards Commissioner Forte serves on
- Wilmington Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization Board (Transportation)
- Cape Fear Area Rural Transportation Planning Organization Rural Transportation Advisory Committee (Transportation)
- JCPC (Juvenile Crime Prevention)
- North Carolina Association of County Commissioners (Education)
- COG (Council of Government)
- Opiod Task Force
- Best 4 Kids (Education)
- Teacher Academy (Education)
- Brunswick Community College Foundation Board (Education)