Brunswick County Board of Commissioners next regular meeting is Monday, Oct. 4
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for a regular meeting this Monday, Oct. 4 at 3 p.m.
The commissioners chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
View an online and PDF version of the full agendas and accompanying reports at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on during the regular meeting.
V. Approval of Consent Agenda (selected items)
- Administration – Budget Calendar FY 2022-2023: Request that the Board of Commissioners considers approval of the FY 2022-2023 Budget Calendar.
- Cooperative Extension – 4H Week Proclamation: Request the Board of Commissioners adopt the National 4H Week Proclamation provided by NC State University.
- Engineering – Courthouse Exterior Sealing and Cleaning Presentation: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive a presentation on the courthouse exterior construction and need for preventative maintenance and provide staff direction.
VII. Administrative Report
- Administration – Fiscal Year-End June 30, 2021, County Manager’s Report and Capital Project Funding: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive information for Fiscal Year End June 30, 2021, and consider an appropriation of fund balance to pay-go future projects planned in the Five Year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Administration – Additional Funding Request for BID Marketing Program: Request that the Board of Commissioners appropriate additional funding in the amount of $100,000 to support the expansion of the Brunswick BID marketing program.
- Human Resources – Classification and Total Compensation Study Consultant Recommendation: Request that the Board approve for the Classification and Total Compensation Study to be conducted by Cape Fear Council of Government (CFCOG) in partnership with the Piedmont Triad Regional Council (PTRC) and authorize the County Manager to execute applicable documents subject to County Attorney’s review.
- Utilities – Oak Island Wholesale Bulk Water Service Agreement: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the renewed Wholesale Bulk Water Service Agreement between Brunswick County and the Town of Oak Island and authorize the Chairman to execute the agreement upon review by the County Attorney.
- Utilities – PFAS Funding: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive information regarding efforts to obtain additional funding for PFAS-related utility infrastructure expenses, authorize the Utilities Director to represent Brunswick County with efforts to inform elected officials regarding PFAS legislative issues, and authorize the chairman to sign letters to various regulatory agencies and federal and state officials requesting their support of ongoing efforts to properly fund utilities dealing with PFAS infrastructure needs.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic. Individuals wishing to speak during a public hearing should sign up before the meeting starts on the form at the door dedicated to public hearings. This form is separate from the form used to sign up for public comments at the beginning of the meeting.
Speakers wishing to distribute any related documents, printed comments or materials to the commissioners should deliver at least eight copies to the county clerk at least fifteen minutes before the meeting starts.
More information about Board of Commissioners meetings and public comment policies is at brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com