Brunswick County Board of Commissioners next regular meeting is Monday, Nov. 15
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for a regular meeting this Monday, Nov. 15 at 6 p.m.
The commissioners chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
View an online and PDF version of the full agendas and accompanying reports at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on during the regular meeting.
V. Approval of Consent Agenda (select items)
- Clerk to the Board – Revised County Budget Calendar FY 2022-2023: Request the Board of Commissioners approve the revised Budget Calendar as presented.
- FY23-27 Strategic Plan Goals and Objectives Overview: Request the Board of Commissioners review the proposed updates to the draft FY23-27 Strategic Plan based on discussions during the Nov. 1, 2021, regular meeting and consider adoption of the final draft of the plan as presented.
- Northwestern Emergency Vehicles Ambulance Purchase: Request the Board of Commissioners approve the purchase of two Northwestern Emergency Vehicles ambulances under the North Carolina Sheriff’s Association NCSA Bid 21-01-0608R for $268,477.59 per unit for a total of $536,955.18.
- Operation Services – Landfill Waiver for Derelict Vehicles: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider approving a landfill waiver for the disposal of two derelict vessels near Holden Beach and associated budget amendment.
- Utilities – Resolution to Accept Clean Water State Revolving Funding (CWSRF): Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a resolution to accept the loan offer and associated assurances to secure $2,852,818 in North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality Clean Water State Revolving funding for the repair and rehabilitation of the Town of Navassa wastewater system; and to authorize the County Manager to furnish such information as the appropriate State agency may request in connection with the acceptance of funding.
- Engineering – Courthouse Addition and Renovation – Big Sky Interior Design Furniture Presentation and Funding Request: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive a courthouse furniture project update from John Sawyer, AIA, of Sawyer Sherwood Architects and Jennifer Kraner of Big Sky Interior Design, and also allocate funding in the amount of $991,102 for new furniture for the county courthouse.
- Human Resources – Classification and Total Compensation Study Overview from Piedmont Triad Regional Council: Request that the Board receive a presentation from David Hill, Piedmont Triad Regional Council, regarding the Classification and Total Compensation Study project.
VII. Administrative Report
- Administration – Initial Resolution Brunswick Limited Obligation Bonds: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the Initial Resolution and the engagement of Parker Poe as Bond Counsel and Robert W. Baird & Co., Incorporated to serve as the managing underwriter and/or placement agent for the Brunswick County 2022 Limited Obligation Bonds, Refunding Series 2012 LOBS and call a Public hearing for December 6, 2021.
- Clerk to the Board – Manager Recognition – Member of the Year, NCBIWA: Request the Board of Commissioners acknowledge the receipt of the “Member of the Year Award” to Mr. Woodruff, County Manager and NCBIWA Chairman.
- Clerk to the Board – Resolution in Support of Individual Freedom Over Personal Vaccination Status: Request the Board of Commissioners consider adoption of the Resolution in Support of Individual Freedom Over Personal Vaccine Status.
- Code Administration – Appropriation of Revenue for Three Multi-Trade Inspectors and Association Vehicles/Equipment: Request that the Board of Commissioners appropriate revenues for three (3) multi-trade inspectors and associated vehicles and equipment totaling $268,320.
- Code Administration – Appropriation of Revenue for One Vehicle for Code Administration Department: Request that the Board of Commissioners appropriate revenues for the purchase of one vehicle for existing multi-trades inspector totaling $45,582.
- Planning – Habitat for Humanity Updated Agreement and Reimbursement: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider approving an updated agency funding agreement, subject to review and approval of the County Attorney, with Brunswick County Habitat for Humanity and consider reimbursing their permit fees in the amount of $3,682.29 for permits completed in 2020 and 2021.
- Utilities – Agreement with State Utility Contractors, Inc.: Request that the Board of Commissioners ratify the decision to proceed with repair of the 48” raw water line, appropriate funds not to exceed $2,846,000 and authorize the County Manager to execute an agreement with State Utility Contractors, Inc. contingent on the County Attorney’s review and approval of the agreement.
- Utilities – McKim & Creed Task Order #1: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a budget amendment and authorize the Chairman and Clerk to the Board to execute the Task Order #1 with McKim & Creed, P.A. in an amount not to exceed $40,000 for engineering services associated with the On-Call Engineering Contract Task Order No. 1.
- Utilities – Northeast Regional Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion Change Order: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve Final Adjusting Change Order No. 1 with TA Loving Co. for construction of the Northeast Brunswick Regional Wastewater System Force Main Improvements Contract 2 – East Project. The change order is deductive in the amount of $202,220.17. This decreases the contract value from $3,025,400.00 to $2,822,779.83.
VIII. Board Appointments
- Lower Cape Fear Water and Sewer Authority Board of Directors Appointment: Request that the Board of Commissioners appoint Mr. Scott Phillips to the Lower Cape Fear Water and Sewer Authority Board of Directors for a three (3) year term expiring June 30, 2023.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic. Individuals wishing to speak during a public hearing should sign up before the meeting starts on the form at the door dedicated to public hearings. This form is separate from the form used to sign up for public comments at the beginning of the meeting.
Speakers wishing to distribute any related documents, printed comments or materials to the commissioners should deliver at least eight copies to the county clerk at least fifteen minutes before the meeting starts.
More information about Board of Commissioners meetings and public comment policies is at brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org