Brunswick County Board of Commissioners next meeting is Monday, Dec. 6
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for its annual meeting this Monday, Dec. 6 at 3 p.m. This meeting will include the election of the chairman and vice-chairman of the Board among the commissioners.
The commissioners chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
View an online and PDF version of the full agendas and accompanying reports at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on during the regular meeting.
IV. Election of Chairman – Clerk to the Board
- The county attorney will temporarily preside over the meeting to oversee the Board’s annual selection of one member to chair the Board.
V. Election of Vice-Chairman – Chairman
- The chairman shall preside over the annual selection of a vice-chairman of the Board of Commissioners.
VI. Approval of Bond
- Request that the Board of Commissioners adopt a resolution approving the bonding of county officials.
VIII. Approval of Consent Agenda (select items)
- Administration – Brunswick County Schools South Brunswick High School Roof Contract: Request that the Board of Commissioners approves and authorize the Chairman to sign the Industrial Contract Services Corporation contract for roof replacement at South Brunswick High School for $326,636.
- Utilities – Trailwood Drive Force Main Project Replacement – TA Loving: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve a budget amendment authorizing the use of County ARP funds and authorize the Chairman and Clerk to the Board to execute the construction contract with TA Loving Company for the Trailwood Drive Force Main Replacement project contingent on the County Attorney’s review and approval of the construction contract, performance bond, payment bond, and insurance certificates. Staff recommends award of the project for the base bid amount of $142,500.
- Clerk to the Board – Free Spirit Conservatory of the Arts: Request the Board of Commissioners receive a presentation from Richard Dysinger, Executive Director of Free Spirit Conservatory of the Arts regarding upcoming programs they will be bringing to the Brunswick County.
- Clerk to the Board – Resolution Honoring Julie Miller: Request the Board adopt the attached resolution honoring Julie Miller for her years of service upon her retirement.
- Clerk to the Board – Resolution Honoring Maurice “Reecie” Tate: Request the Board adopt the attached resolution honoring Maurice “Reecie” Tate for her years of service upon her retirement.
- Health and Human Services – COVID-19 Update: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive an update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Health and Human Services – Recognition of Child Support Employee of the Year Award Recipient: Request the Board of Commissioners recognize Katherine Silvernail as the recipient of the North Carolina Child Support Employee of the Year Award.
- Utilities – Raw Water Line Update: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive a presentation of the 2021 Lower Cape Fear Water & Sewer Authority Raw Water Main Repair.
X. Public Hearing
- Administration – Resolution Brunswick Limited Obligation Bonds: Request that the Board of Commissioners hold a public hearing and approve the resolution authorizing the amendment to an installment purchase contract for the Brunswick County 2022 Limited Obligation Bonds, Refunding Series 2012 LOBS.
XI. Administrative Report
- Parks and Recreation – ARPA Funding Allocation Request for Park Improvements: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider appropriating $2 million of American Rescue Plan Act funds towards Brunswick County Park Improvements.
- Utilities – Job Position Adjustment: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the adjustment of two job descriptions and associated grade changes for two open positions.
XII. Board Appointments
- Brunswick County Board of Commissioners Board Seat Assignment for Calendar Year 2022: Request that the Board of Commissioners appoint members to fill the calendar year 2022 board seat listing.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic. Individuals wishing to speak during a public hearing should sign up before the meeting starts on the form at the door dedicated to public hearings. This form is separate from the form used to sign up for public comments at the beginning of the meeting.
Speakers wishing to distribute any related documents, printed comments or materials to the commissioners should deliver at least eight copies to the county clerk at least fifteen minutes before the meeting starts.
More information about Board of Commissioners meetings and public comment policies is at brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com