Agenda preview for this Monday’s Brunswick County Board of Commissioners meeting (Feb. 15, 2021)
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for a regular meeting this upcoming Monday, Feb. 15 at 6 p.m. The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
View an online and PDF version of the full agendas and accompanying reports for the workshops and regular meeting at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on during the regular meeting this Monday.
- Administration – BTS Community Connectivity Plan: Request that the Board of Commissioners receive a presentation on the recently completed Community Connectivity Plan from Yvonne Hatcher, Executive Director of Brunswick Transit Service, Inc.
- Administration – Introduction of Interim Cooperative Extension Director: Request that the Board of Commissioners hear a statement of introduction from Interim Cooperative Extension Director Dalton Dockery, Ph.D.
VII. Public Hearing
- Planning – Z-800: Request that, after the Public Hearing, the Board of Commissioners consider amending the Brunswick County Unified Development Ordinance Map from C-LD (Commercial Low Density) to C-I (Commercial Intensive). This proposed rezoning will rezone Tax Parcels 20400048, 20400014, 20400013, 20400012, 20400011, 20400010, and 20400009 from C-LD (Commercial Low Density) to C-I (Commercial Intensive) to allow for more intensive commercial uses.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Brunswick County has limited seating in the commissioners’ chambers to allow for proper social distancing (approximately six feet between one another) and no more than 50 people are allowed in the chambers at one time.
Individuals are encouraged to follow the Three Ws as the NCDHHS recommends when attending the meeting and visiting any public place. Disposable face coverings are available for meeting attendees:
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public (Make sure both your nose and mouth are fully covered and you are able to breathe normally while wearing it)
- Wait six feet apart to avoid close contact and maintain appropriate social distancing between yourself and others
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer while also following other best hygiene practices
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins. More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic. Individuals wishing to speak during a public hearing should sign up before the meeting starts on the form at the door dedicated to public hearings. This form is separate from the form used to sign up for public comments at the beginning of the meeting.
Speakers wishing to distribute any related documents, printed comments or materials to the commissioners should deliver at least eight copies to the county clerk at least fifteen minutes before the meeting starts.
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com
- See the latest news from Brunswick County
- Sign up for emails updates via the Sunshine List
- Follow Brunswick County on social media
County Contact Information & Virtual Services During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to visit our website and to call or email county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices. The County requires appointments for in-person visits. Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
- Main County Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033