Agenda preview for Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Monday, July 6 regular meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for their regular meeting Monday, July 6 at 3 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Brunswick County has limited seating in the commissioners’ chambers to allow for proper social distancing (approximately six feet between one another) and no more than 50 people are allowed in the chambers at one time.
Individuals are encouraged to follow the three Ws as the NCDHHS recommends when attending the meeting and visiting any public place. Disposable face coverings are available for meeting attendees:
- Wear a cloth face covering when in public (Make sure both your nose and mouth are fully covered and you are able to breathe normally while wearing it.)
- Wait six feet apart to avoid close contact and maintain appropriate social distancing between yourself and others
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer while also following other best hygiene practices
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on during the regular meeting at 3 p.m. Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
VI. Public Hearing
- Economic Development Incentive for Pacon Manufacturing Corporation: Request that the Board of Commissioners conduct a Public Hearing to receive public comments regarding a proposed economic development incentive for Pacon Manufacturing Corporation.
VII. Administrative Report
- Brunswick Business and Industry Development – Pacon Manufacturing Performance Agreement, Rural Development Building Reuse Grant and Local Agreements: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the One NC Grant Performance Agreement, NC Department of Commerce Rural Development Building Reuse Grant Agreement, Local Incentive Agreement, Amended and Restated Rural Economic Development Loan Agreement, and budget amendment for local matching funds associated with Pacon Manufacturing Corporation.
- Emergency Services – Coastline Rescue Franchise Application: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider the franchise application submitted by Coastline Rescue Squad.
VIII. Board Appointments
- Governing Body – Annual Board Appointments: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the annual board appointments as presented, effective July 1, 2020.
X. Closed Session
- Closed Session: Request that the Board of Commissioners hold a Closed Session pursuant to G.S. 143-318.11(a)(1) and (3) to approve Closed Session minutes and to consult with its attorney.
Each regular meeting has a public comment period when anyone can address the commissioners with questions or concerns about county business. Sign in before the meeting starts inside the commissioners’ chambers to ensure the county clerk has your information. The sign-up period opens an hour before the meeting begins.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic.
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
More information on the public comment policies is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/public-comment-policy/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Individuals can sign up to receive email updates about Board of Commissioners meetings and more via our Sunshine List. Subscribe at http://brunswickcountync.gov/info/email/
- Follow Brunswick County on social media: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/info/social/
County Contact Information & Virtual Services During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to visit our website and to call or email county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices. The County now requires appointments for in-person visits.
Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
- Main County Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033