Brunswick County Board of Commissioners next regular meeting is Tuesday, Sept. 7
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for a regular meeting this Tuesday, Sept. 7 at 3 p.m. The Board will meet Tuesday since county government offices are closed Monday in observance of Labor Day.
The commissioners chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422).
View an online and PDF version of the full agendas and accompanying reports at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on during the regular meeting.
- Cape Fear Change in Motion 2020 Transportation Demand Management WMPO: Request the Board receive a presentation from Nick Cannon, WMPO regarding the newly adopted Transportation Demand Management Cape Fear in Motion 2020.
- Calvary Center for Leadership Development: Request the Board of Commissioners receive a presentation from the Mt. Calvary Center for Leadership Development.
- Emergency Preparedness Month: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider a resolution in support of declaring the month of September as Preparedness Month in Brunswick County.
- Resolution Honoring Deacon John Henry Sloan: Request that the Board of Commissioners adopt a Resolution honoring Deacon John Henry Sloan for the commemoration of his 100 years.
VII. Administrative Report
- Administration – American Rescue Plan Funding Guideline: Request that the Board of Commissioners approve the draft plan in guidance for the American Rescue Plan Act funded projects.
- County Attorney – NC MOA Relating to Allocation of Opioid Litigation Proceeds: Consider adoption of a resolution by the County of Brunswick approving the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the State of North Carolina and local governments on proceeds relating to the settlement of opioid litigation.
- Utilities – Town of St. James ARP Funds: Request that the Board of Commissioners authorize staff to negotiate an inter-local agreement with the Town of St. James for the transfer of American Rescue Plan (ARP) funds in the amount of $1,991,221.16 for use in water system upgrades beneficial to the Town of St. James.
VIII. Board Appointments
- Planning Board: Request that the Board of Commissioners appoint Mr. Clifton Cheek to the Planning Board for a three-year term expiring June 30, 2024.
- Substance Use and Addiction Commission: Request that the Board of Commissioners appoint Mr. William Murphy to the Substance Use and Addiction Commission for a four-year term expiring June 30, 2025.
- Jury Commission: Request that the Board of Commissioners consider re-appointing Mr. Steve Stone to serve on the Jury Commission for a two year term.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic. Individuals wishing to speak during a public hearing should sign up before the meeting starts on the form at the door dedicated to public hearings. This form is separate from the form used to sign up for public comments at the beginning of the meeting.
Speakers wishing to distribute any related documents, printed comments or materials to the commissioners should deliver at least eight copies to the county clerk at least fifteen minutes before the meeting starts.
More information about Board of Commissioners meetings and public comment policies is at brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com