Here’s what you missed at the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners Aug. 15 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners met for its regular meeting this Monday, August 15 at 6 p.m.
Below is a quick recap of the actions taken on selected agenda items during the regular meeting. Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas.
The next regular Board of Commissioners meeting is Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 3 p.m. The meeting will take place on a Tuesday because Brunswick County offices are closed in observance of Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 5.
- Clerk to the Board – Trillium Annual Report: The Board of Commissioners received the annual report from Dennis Williams, Southern Regional Director of Trillium. No action was taken. A copy of the presentation is available under the agenda item on the county website.The presentation featured information and updates such as:
- NC Medicaid Managed Care and Tailored Plans overview
- Organizational changes and updates concerning staffing, call centers, care management and disaster response units
- Project updates on Naloxone kits, mobile clinics, tribal engagement, family navigators, co-responder pilots, the addition of a representative on the CFAC committee to represent community members with traumatic brain injuries, and the Healing Place in New Hanover County
More information about Board of Commissioners meetings is at brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners.
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brunswick County Board of Commissioners next meeting is Monday, Aug. 15
Media Inquiries: Media are requested to contact Brunswick County Communications by noon the day of the meeting to help facilitate requests for interviews before or directly after board meetings. Brunswick County will post a recap of the meeting with actions taken at brunswickcountync.gov/news.
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners will meet for its regular meeting this Monday, Aug. 15 at 6 p.m.
The commissioners’ chambers are on the first floor of the David R. Sandifer Administration Building at 30 Government Center Drive in Bolivia (28422). View an online and PDF version of the full agendas and accompanying reports at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas.
Below are a few selected items from the agenda that the Board of Commissioners will discuss and take possible action on during the regular meeting.
- Clerk to the Board – Trillium Annual Report: Request the Board of Commissioners receive the annual report from Dennis Williams, Southern Regional Director of Trillium.
Additionally, some meetings have public hearings for specific issues. The public hearings are similar to a public comment period but pertain to one topic. Individuals wishing to speak during a public hearing should sign up before the meeting starts on the form at the door dedicated to public hearings. This form is separate from the form used to sign up for public comments at the beginning of the meeting.
Speakers wishing to distribute any related documents, printed comments or materials to the commissioners should deliver at least eight copies to the county clerk at least fifteen minutes before the meeting starts.
More information about Board of Commissioners meetings and public comment policies is at brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners.
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com