Here’s what you missed at the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners April 5 regular meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners met for a regular meeting at 3 p.m. this Monday, April 5.
The Board of Commissioners will review and make a motion to accept the official minutes from this meeting at a later meeting. Once approved, the county clerk will post them online at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, April 19 at 6 p.m.
Below is a quick recap of the actions taken on selected agenda items during the regular meeting. Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
III. Adjustments/Approval of Agenda
- Administrative Report Item No. 2: Operation Services – Integrated Supply Amendment was moved to the Consent Agenda. The Board unanimously approved the agenda as amended.
- Brunswick BID Marketing/Campaign Information: The Board of Commissioners received a presentation from Brunswick BID to include their marketing efforts and campaign moving forward.
- Final Mission, Vision, and Values Statements: Following the presentation, the Board of Commissioners unanimously adopted the final mission, vision, and value statements for Brunswick County. The Board discussed the procedure for potentially amending the FY22 version of the goals and values statements if necessary and will review the items annually.
- Health and Human Services COVID-19 Update: The Board of Commissioners received an update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and vaccine availability. Brunswick County Health Services is now vaccinating all adults in Groups 1-5 aged 16 and older. Individuals can schedule first dose vaccine appointments the following ways: schedule online here; Call the Public Health Call Line at 253.2339 (Open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding holidays).
VII. Administrative Report
- County Attorney – Resolution of Support for Bald Head Island Transportation Authority: The Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a Resolution of Support for the Acquisition of the Bald Head Island Ferry Transportation System by the Bald Head Island Transportation Authority.
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/ agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the latest news from Brunswick County
- Sign up for emails updates via the Sunshine List
- Follow Brunswick County on social media
County Contact Information & Virtual Services During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to visit our website and to call or email county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices. The County requires appointments for in-person visits. Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
- Main County Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033