Here’s what you missed at the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners June 7 regular meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners met for their regular meeting this Monday, June 7, which included the public hearing for the recommended budget ordinance, capital improvement plan and schedule of fees for Fiscal Year 2022.
The public hearing was recessed and will resume during the next regular meeting on Monday, June 21 at 6 p.m. The Board will consider adoption of the recommended budget and recommended rate and fee changes during the June 21 meeting following the public hearing.
An overview of the recommended FY22 budget as presented to the Board is available online.
The Board of Commissioners will review and make a motion to accept the official minutes from this meeting at a later meeting. Once approved, the county clerk will post them online at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas
The next regular Board of Commissioners meeting is Monday, June 21 at 6 p.m.
Below is a quick recap of the actions taken on selected agenda items during the regular meeting. Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at brunswickcountync.gov/agendas
VI. Public Hearing
- Administration – Public Hearing to Receive Comments on the FY 2021-2022 Brunswick County Budget, Fees, and Capital Improvement Plan: The Board of Commissioners held a public hearing on the County Manager’s FY 2021-2022 Recommended Budget, Proposed Fees and Five Year Capital Improvement Plan. The Board unanimously moved to recess the public hearing until the June 21 regular meeting.
VII. Board Appointments
- Health and Human Services Advisory Board – Nurse Position: The Board of Commissioners unanimously moved to appoint Cynthia Carver to the Health and Human Services Advisory Board – Nurse Position for a three-year term beginning July 1, 2021, and expiring June 30, 2024.
- Zoning Board of Adjustments – District 4: The Board of Commissioners unanimously moved to reappoint Clayton Rivenbark to the Zoning Board of Adjustments, representing District 4, for a 3-year term expiring June 30, 2024.
VIII. Other Business/Informal Discussion
- Governing Body – NACo Voting Delegate: The Board of Commissioners unanimously moved to appoint Commissioner Frank Williams as the voting delegate to represent Brunswick County at the 2021 NACo Annual Business Meeting on July 12, 2021.
- Governing Body – NCACC Voting Delegate: The Board of Commissioners unanimously moved to designate Chairman Randy Thompson as voting delegate and Commissioner Pat Sykes as alternate delegate to represent Brunswick County at the NCACC Annual Conference for the General Business Session on Aug. 14, 2021.
More information about Board of Commissioners meetings is at brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com