Here’s what you missed at the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners’ Sept. 21 meeting
BOLIVIA, N.C. – The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners met for their regularly scheduled meeting this past Monday, Sept. 21 at 6 p.m.
The Board of Commissioners will review and make a motion to accept the official minutes from the Sept. 21 meeting at a later meeting. Once approved, the county clerk will post them online at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
Below is a quick recap of the actions taken on selected agenda items during the regular meeting. Residents can view an online and PDF version of the full agenda and accompanying reports at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/agendas/
- Sheriff’s Office – Detention Center Memorandum of Agreement with NCDPS: The Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the North Carolina Department of Public Safety and the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office to provide juvenile detention services at the Brunswick County Detention Center. The MOA requires four additional Jailer I positions, one Detective position, one Administrative Assistant position, and a new revenue line in the Detention Center departmental budget.
VII. Administrative Report
- Utilities – Senior Construction Inspector Position: The Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a full-time Senior Construction Inspector position and associated equipment.
IX. Closed Session
- The Board unanimously moved to enter into closed session pursuant to G.S. 143-318.11(a)(1) to approve closed session minutes, and 143-318.11(a)(3) to consult with its attorney to protect the attorney-client privilege. The Board returned from closed session and no action was taken.
The next regular Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 5 at 3 p.m.
To view the full agenda items and accompanying reports, go to https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/ agendas/
More information about the Board of Commissioners meetings is at https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/board-commissioners/faq/
For media inquiries, contact the Public Information Officer at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com
- Individuals can sign up to receive email updates about Board of Commissioners meetings and more via our Sunshine List. Subscribe at http://brunswickcountync.gov/info/email/
- Follow Brunswick County on social media: https://www.brunswickcountync.gov/info/social/
County Contact Information & Virtual Services During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to visit our website and to call or email county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices. The County now requires appointments for in-person visits.
Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
- Main County Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033