Events designed to connect Veterans with resources, services
The Brunswick County Board of Commissioners is teaming up with Brunswick County Veterans Services and Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc. (BSRI) to hold a series of informational events for veterans throughout the county in September. The series of events will provide veterans and their loved ones with information about services and resources available to them. Brunswick County Veterans Services staff and others will be on hand to assist veterans and their families.
“We are grateful to those who protected our freedom by serving in our Armed Forces,” said Frank Williams, Chairman of the Brunswick County Board of Commissioners. “Our veterans have served our nation, and we owe it to them make it easier for them to access the support and resources they have earned. On behalf of the Board of Commissioners, we invite all Brunswick County veterans and their loved ones to attend these events and learn more about the resources available to them.”
Each event will be moderated by a Brunswick County Commissioner and will include comments from and Q&A with officials who can help connect veterans with resources.
The schedule of events is as follows:
Friday, September 14:
- 11 a.m.– The Brunswick Center at Southport, 1513 N. Howe St., Southport, 910.754.7109
- 2 p.m.– The Brunswick Center at Supply, 101 Stone Chimney Rd., SE, Bolivia, 910.754.2300 or 910.754.7604
Monday, September 17:
- 11 a.m.– The Brunswick Center at Calabash, 10050 Beach Dr. SW, Calabash, 910.754.7427
- 2 p.m.– The Brunswick Center at Shallotte, 3620 Express Dr., Shallotte, 910.754.2300
Friday, September 21:
- 11 a.m.– The Brunswick Center at Leland, 121 Town Hall Dr., NE, Leland, 910.754.7701
- 2 p.m.– Boiling Spring Lakes Community Center, 1 Leeds Road, Boiling Spring Lakes, 910.363.0018.
For more information, please visit https://www.brunswickcountync.gov or call 910-253-2995 for event information or 910-253-2233 for information about Brunswick County Veterans Services.