Help Us Promote the 2020 Census
To help partners effectively engage their communities, the U.S. Census Bureau offers materials about the 2020 Census that can be shared with the public and provides resources that explain what partners can do to contribute. This page includes materials from the U.S. Census Bureau that the Brunswick County Complete Count Committee are using in our communities to encourage participation the 2020 Census and educate about the Census’ importance. Materials our committee partners have created are also available for download and use. We will update this page as we continue towards Census Day on April 1, 2020, with free resources and materials you can use to help us get the word out about the Census.
Looking for a promotional flier or other content specific to a certain demographic or topic? Visit the U.S. Census Bureau’s Outreach Materials webpage for a full range or free materials you can download and use. These items are great to print out to share at events or display in local businesses and organizations, or to share digitally through email or social media.
For questions about how you can help promote the 2020 Census in Brunswick County, contact our committee leadership or sign up to learn more about the Complete Count Committee.
Census Talking Points
General Talking Points
- The U.S. Census is required by the Constitution. The once a decade count determines how many representatives North Carolina will have in Congress and where state, county, town, and other local districts are drawn.
- The Census is the largest and most reliable picture of our communities and is vital to planning for future services like schools, streets and utilities, hospitals and clinics, shopping and more.
- Census data brings your tax dollars back to your community. More than $1,623 per person in federal aid and $205 in state aid are distributed annually based on the census count. CHIP, Medicare and Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps), Head Start, Foster Care and National School Lunch Program grants, and Highway planning and construction grants (including the NC Powell Bill) rely on census information.
- 2020 Census Sample Messages for Partners (PDF)
Fliers and Brochures
Social Media Materials
Social Media Materials
Download these files for Census messaging and related graphics and media to include in your social media channels.
- 2020 Census Partnership Social Media Guide 1 (PowerPoint)
- 2020 Census Partnership Social Media Guide 2 (PowerPoint)
Other social media graphics and sample messaging are available for download from the U.S. Census Bureau via the links below.