Brunswick County COVID-19 Update (March 26, 2021)
BOLIVIA, N.C. – Brunswick County Health Services’ next full COVID-19 Snapshot Update will be posted early next week (week of March 29). At this time, Health Services and its partners at Novant Health and Dosher Memorial Hospital do not anticipate rescheduling any first dose appointments to a later date that are already scheduled for the week of March 29–April 2.
Information about how to schedule appointments (as available) at county clinics is at brunswickcountync.gov/vaccines
Brunswick County’s Public Health Call Line is available for those who do not have internet or computer access to schedule an appointment or for COVID-19 questions.
- Public Health Call Line: 910.253.2339 (Open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your best protection from COVID-19 will be a combination of getting a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask, staying at least six feet away from others, avoiding crowds, and washing your hands often. Remember to still practice the Three Ws—wear, wait and wash—even if you already received your vaccination.
Brunswick County identified 130 new cases in the past week (March 19-26), continuing a trend of fewer new cases over the past several weeks. One more death related to the virus among a county resident was reported since last Friday.
Brunswick County remains on the Yellow/Significant Tier on the North Carolina COVID-19 County Alert System, the lowest of the three tiers. Of the state’s 100 counties, 18 are still considered to have substantial (orange) or critical (red) spread. Case count data is from Brunswick County Health Services and vaccination and testing data is from the NCDHHS dashboard.
- Case Counts: As of March 26, 8,563 total county residents have received a positive test result for COVID-19. Of these, 273 are considered active, 8,148 are considered recovered, and 142 have died
- Vaccinations: As of March 25, 44,477 first doses (31.1%) and 31,111 (21.8%) second doses have been administered to Brunswick County residents
- Testing: As of March 26, about 7% of tests conducted in Brunswick County are yielding positive results
More information about COVID-19, testing, and vaccines is on the Health Services COVID-19 webpage.
For media inquiries, contact the Communications Director at 910.253.2995 or email email@example.com
- See the latest news concerning COVID-19
- Sign up for emails updates via the Sunshine List
- Follow Brunswick County on social media
County Contact Information & Virtual Services During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Brunswick County is urging individuals to visit our website and to call or email county departments for assistance first before visiting county offices. The County requires appointments for in-person visits. Not sure who to contact? Call our main line and we can help direct your calls.
- Main County Contact Information: 910.253.2000 / 800.442.7033