ReadyBrunswick Emergency Notifications
Brunswick County uses ReadyBrunswick as part of the County’s effort to continuously improve communications during emergency situations within our area. Powered by Everbridge, the ReadyBrunswick notification system sends emergency notifications in a variety of communication methods such as:
- Landline (Voice)
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol)
- Mobile (Voice)
- Mobile SMS (Text Messaging)
To register or update your information, click here or the button that says, “Register for ReadyBrunswick.”
In the case of an emergency, you may choose to receive notifications via one or all of these communication methods. It’s recommended that you register several media options to receive messages in the event a particular communication device is unavailable.
Everbridge Mobile App
After registering, you can opt to download the Everbridge Mobile App to receive these notifications directly to your mobile device. The Everbridge Mobile App allows residents and visitors to receive public safety information based on their current location. The app is available for iOS and Android devices. To download the app, click here or the button that says, “Download the App.”
How to be prepared for an emergency
- Know your zone. Visit the NC Department of Public Safety’s Know Your Zone webpage to view the areas most at risk of storm surges and flooding in Brunswick County.
- Create an evacuation plan. When planning where to evacuate, we recommend moving inland. Make sure to find a place to stay in advance that is outside of typical affected areas and that is not in flood-prone areas.
- Prepare an emergency kit. An emergency kit is vital for your survival in situations where help might not be easily accessible due to power outages, flooding, and road damage.
- Stay informed. During an emergency, stay tuned to reliable local media outlets and Brunswick County on Twitter, Facebook, and Nextdoor for continuous updates. You can also subscribe to receive email updates from the County to stay updated on media releases and important announcements.
- Sign up for the Access & Functional Needs Registry. Residents are strongly encouraged to sign up for the Brunswick County AFN Registry if they have additional needs in functional areas.
For more details and preparedness tips, click here.