Absentee Voting

Column 1 CTA

One-Stop Early Voting

Column 2 CTA

Voter Lookup

Column 3 CTA


Column 4 CTA

Candidate Filing Information

Soil & Water Candidate Filing – Monday, June 8, 2020 at noon through Thursday, July 2, 2020 at noon

Offices up for Election

2020 Filing Fees

Candidate List

Candidate List for the general election, as of 8/19/2020

Older Candidate Lists

Final Candidate Filing List for the 2020 Primary, as of 12/23/19

Candidate Filing List from last day of filing – 12/20/19

What should a candidate expect when filing for office?

  • A Board of Elections staff member will work with each candidate to verify eligibility to file (must be a registered voter of the jurisdiction in which they wish to seek office and at least 21 years of age). For partisan primaries, one must be registered with a recognized party 90 days prior to the date of candidate filing.
  • Filing paperwork will be completed and signed to be notarized (photo ID will be required for notarization).
  • The Filing fees  should be paid in the form of a check or money order. Business or corporate checks and credit cards not accepted. Filing fees $50 or less may be paid in cash; exact change required.
  • Candidates will be provided a filing packet containing campaign finance paperwork to open a political committee.

Campaign Finance

A candidate committee is required to register within ten days of taking the first among certain activities that are deemed to have begun the committee’s organization.  The first of the following activities by the candidate starts the ten days:

1. Receiving money or an item of any value in support of the campaign; or
2. Spending money in support of the campaign; or
3. Filing a Notice of Candidacy or being certified as a political party nominee.

All reports filed with the Brunswick County Board of Elections are available for public viewing on our Campaign Finance page.

Campaign reports filed with the state are available on their website.

If you need personal assistance with your Campaign Finance reports, please schedule an appointment to ensure your needs are met in a timely manner, as well as to confirm the appropriate staff member will be available to assist you.  Without an appointment, we cannot guarantee immediate service. To make an appointment please call our office or email Adrianne Rushton.

The complete library of campaign finance forms can be found on the state’s website at the following location:

NC State Board of Elections – Reporting Forms

Information for Candidates

If you have questions, please call the Brunswick County Board of Elections office (910) 253-2620.

Building H


75 Stamp Act Drive NE (Building H) Bolivia, NC, 28422

Mailing Address PO Box 2, Bolivia, NC, 28422

(910) 253-2620
(910) 253-2618
open mon-fri:
8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Adjusted Operations Due to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Brunswick County now requires individuals to first visit our website for services and to contact county departments via phone or email to see if we can assist you virtually to support social distancing for our residents and team members during the COVID-19 pandemic.

If an in-person visit to a county office is necessary, you will need to schedule an appointment first via the phone and/or email listed below.

News & Events

Get the latest updates and happenings on events throughout the county.

Latest News

Read More Board of Elections News

Latest Events